- About Us
- Why Us?
- Patients & Visitors
- Conditions & Services
- Find a Clinician
NeuroFit incorporates innovative programming and state-of-the-science technology to empower our clients to achieve their fitness and recovery goals. We achieve this by implementing evidence-based practices and an individualized approach for each client. Our focus is on improving function in the upper and lower extremities, weight management, strength, conditioning, balance and overall quality of life. Exercise, no matter physical capability, is for everyone at NeuroFit.
Below is why we are different than other Neuro rehab clinics:
These are just a few conditions that we can help assist with your neurological rehabilitation needs.
Rest and Recovery
The rest and recovery program is designed for just that. We find that most people don’t take the time to do the little things like stretching and soft tissue work so let us take care of that for you. In our 30 minute R&R session, we will dial in on problem areas with our Hypervolt percussion massage device, promote circulation with our whole body vibration power plate, promote muscle activation with electrical stimulation and improve range of motion with flexibility/mobility work. The R&R program is for anybody and everybody.
1. Our team not only has special population certifications that allow us to work with our neuro-recovery patients but we also have countless hours of hands-on experience.
2. We keep a close relationship with your referring doctor/therapist to ensure we are all on the same page working toward common goals.
3. You have access to some of the best rehabilitative technologies in the world that can help get you moving again.
4. We offer sessions that last from 30 minutes up to 2 hours depending on what you are comfortable with.
5. With the purchase of a 10 session package you also get access to our functional electrical stimulation (F.E.S) cycle as well as access to our open gym facilities.
For more information about NeuroFit or to make an appointment, please fill out the form below or call us at 804-764-5275.
Alexander Lavallis, ACSM EP-C
NeuroFit™ Exercise Physiologist
ACSM Certified Exercise Physiologist
Alexander is a graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University, with a degree in Health, Physical Education and Exercise Science with a concentration in Exercise Science. Upon graduation, Alexander became a certified exercise physiologist through the American College of Sport Medicine. He has always had a passion for helping others by being a light on their paths of helping them achieve their goals. During his time in undergrad, he had the opportunity to become an intern with the Neurofit Program, where he discovered a place where he could perfect his passion in the exercise field. Alexander joined the Neurofit program as an exercise physiologist, in February of 2020.
Hope Adams, ACSM EP-C
NeuroFit™ Exercise Physiologist
Hope is a graduate of Longwood University with a bachelor’s degree in Kinesiology, with a concentration in exercise science and a minor in Health Education. Hope is a certified exercise physiologist through the American College of Sports Medicine. While completing her degree at Longwood University, she started an exercise program for adults with special needs. Hope has been with Sheltering Arms since 2019 and is passionate about physical rehabilitation for those with various neurological conditions.