- About Us
- Why Us?
- Patients & Visitors
- Conditions & Services
- Find a Clinician
The NeuroFit™ program at Sheltering Arms was designed to give people who have neurological disabilities support to achieve their fitness and recovery goals. This is achieved by working one on one with our clients to improve on function in the upper and lower extremities, address weight management issues, increase strength, and improve balance.
These are just a few conditions that we can help assist with your neurological rehabilitation needs.
Come join our stroke-specific circuit training class where we try to focus on mind and body. We involve a combination of exercises that make you use your brain and body to train affected limbs. It is a team-based atmosphere where people share the common goal of improving health and continuing recovery.
Rest and Recovery
The rest and recovery program is designed for just that. We find that most people don’t take the time to do the little things like stretching and soft tissue work so let us take care of that for you. In our 30 minute R&R session, we will dial in on problem areas with our Hypervolt percussion massage device, promote circulation with our whole body vibration power plate, promote muscle activation with electrical stimulation and improve range of motion with flexibility/mobility work. The R&R program is for anybody and everybody.
1. Our team not only has special population certifications that allow us to work with our neuro-recovery patients but we also have countless hours of hands-on experience.
2. We keep a close relationship with your referring doctor/therapist to ensure we are all on the same page working toward common goals.
3. You have access to some of the best rehabilitative technologies in the world that can help get you moving again.
4. We offer sessions that last from 30 minutes up to 2 hours depending on what you are comfortable with.
5. With the purchase of a 10 session package you also get access to our functional electrical stimulation (F.E.S) cycle as well as access to our open gym facilities.
Anna is a graduate of Virginia Commonwealth University, with a degree in Health, Physical Education and Exercise Science with a concentration in exercise science. Upon graduation, Anna became a Certified Exercise Physiologist through the American College of Sports Medicine. While completing her degree at VCU, she interned at both the University of Richmond’s Sports Medicine department and Sheltering Arms’ Neurofit program. Taking a liking to the rehabilitative side of fitness Anna began working for Sheltering Arms’ Neurofit™ program as a Fitness Specialist, in August of 2017. Anna hopes to continue her passion for fitness and rehabilitation by seeing Neurofit clients and facilitating the Stroke Circuit group fitness class.