The PowerEx programs at Sheltering Arms are designed for individuals who are looking to develop a healthier lifestyle through exercise and continue progress gained in physical and/or occupational therapy. Whether you have a medical condition that requires special consideration, or would just like some help getting started, our fitness specialists have the expertise you need.
Through the PowerEx programs, an American College of Sports Medicine Certified Inclusive Exercise Physiologist will conduct medical history and health/fitness assessments. Placement into the PowerEx programs is based upon these assessments and evaluations. Fitness specialists will design individualized exercise programs to meet your specific needs, offer guidance throughout the programs, and provide regular progress updates to your physician and healthcare team.
What are the requirements of the PowerEx programs?
What does the program include?
- Complete the exercise program with minimal assistance
- Attendance, at minimum, twice a week for the duration of the three-month membership
- Attendance at all sessions with fitness specialist
- Medical background & fitness assessment
- Health/medical history evaluation
- Individualized exercise program
- Individual half-hour sessions with a certified fitness specialist
- 3-month membership to the Sheltering Arms fitness centers & pool
Once you have received a referral from your physician (click here for referral form
), it is as simple as calling (804) 764-5275 and scheduling your first visit!